Integrated Rural Development Program
Integrated Rural Development Program (IRDP) is a community-based program aims to improve quality of life, and promote sustainable community development in selected five rural communities of Nepal. Objectives of IRDP are as follows.
- To establish Early Childhood Development (ECD) classes in all schools within the community, enhance the capability of ECD teachers, and provide technical and educational support.
- To improve the quality of education in local public schools, enhance parents’ participation in educational development activities in schools, facilitate local school classes in English Medium, and assist schools with extending to new facilities including libraries.
- To establish child clubs in all schools within the community and assist the clubs with child development activities, school sanitation and positive social change.
- To enhance the capacity of mother’s groups within the community to promote micro-finance, women’s empowerment and local community development activities through networking and skill development activities.
- To reduce the dropout rate of children from poor economic backgrounds through child sponsorship and educational support.
- To promote the community at national and international level as a destination for rural eco-tourism by developing home-stay programs, conserving local heritage sites and organizing rural tourism promotion activities.
- To improve sanitation in public areas through waste management, by setting up dustbins in each village cluster and educating people about waste management.
- To promote good governance, ensuring transparency and accountability in service delivery from all local government authorities.
- To improve facilities and services at primary healthcare centers, enhance the capacity of local healthcare staff and local women’s health volunteers, establish lab test facilities at health posts and organize free health camps in the community.
- To increase computer literacy rates in the community through establishing community e-learning centers.
- To promote eco-friendly commercial agricultural practices by replacing subsistence farming systems, establishing community plant nursery centers, promoting collective farming practices among women’s group, providing agricultural training to small farmers and promoting agro-farming activities.
- To encourage youths to establish their own small businesses in the community by encouraging youth involvement in local community development, enhancing the capacity of local youths and promoting a culture of entrepreneurship among them.
- To improve sanitation in public places, local homes and cattle barns.
- To establish women’s skill development centers in the community.
- To raise local awareness about public issues through group discussion, public hearings and general information exchange.
- To develop basic necessary infrastructure identified by locals in the community such as irrigation canals, school classrooms, community centers, public libraries, training and e-learning centers, agricultural roads etc.
PFPA welcomes any development organizations who would like to work together with us in rural communities of Nepal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.